Kari Berit brings years of experience and a passion for the subject of aging and caregiving.
Kari Berit recognizes that caregiving is a concern for the millions of family caregivers in the U.S. and around the globe. Through her speaking engagements, books, articles and past radio shows she gives simple, commonsense tips and tools to help caregivers.
She also works 1:1 with families who need support and guidance.
Kari’s experience and credentials include:
- Public speaker on a national and international level since 1997
- Author of two books, The Unexpected Caregiver and Mental Fitness Instructor’s Guide, and mental fitness training videos (all published by Attainment Company, Verona, WI).
- Host of the radio show, The Unexpected Caregiver, 2009-2014
- Director of senior housing, dementia-care specialist, and assisted-living manager in Minnesota, Wisconsin, and Colorado
- Over 30 years of experience teaching and directing programs for older adults in settings ranging from community meetings to national conferences, and classrooms to churches
- Past director on Good Samaritan Society National Board
- M.S. in Continuing and Vocational Education from the University of Wisconsin, Madison
- B.A. in Psychology and International Health Care from St. Olaf College, Northfield, MN
Who Hires Kari?
Are you looking for a dynamic speaker?
Look no further than Kari Berit
Engaging & Informative
“Kari is not afraid to tackle tough issues with humor and her special brand of Minnesotan flair.”
Kari Berit creates a warm, safe, upbeat environment in which to deal with some of life’s scariest questions – the ones that come as their parents age and face difficult choices:
Will I be able to physically care for my parent(s)? • What about my siblings? • How do I honor “’Til death do us part” when my spouse has Alzheimer’s Disease? • Will they stay in their home or need to move to senior housing? • Will they be able to continue driving safely? • Are they depressed? • Do I need to mention this to their doctor?
Tough questions all – and, for many adult children and their parents, the only thing tougher is talking about them now, while there’s time to consider a full range of options and make plans the whole family can support.
What Clients Say
“Kari ignited the audience with her humorous and thought-provoking keynote address entitled, Help! I’m Turning Into My Mother. Her knowledge and presentation style evoked conversations throughout the day on the myths of aging, and how to manage the natural process of aging.”
“Kari’s presentation exceeded my expectations and contributed to one of our best meetings ever.”
“Kari was very supportive and knowledgeable. She has a very dynamic personality which keeps our attention and keeps the information realistic and applicable.”
“Kari is a dynamic speaker with a great sense of humor. She makes the hour fly and we hate to see her conclude. She was the highlight of our week.”